Sunday, October 10, 2010

10 Things That I'm Grateful For


Many of my friends are reminding me that today is THE 10/10/10 and I thought I should take this opportunity to write this note - 10 Things That I Should be Grateful For.Most of the time, we are too busy to remember or to be grateful of something we have and we take things for granted so let's take some time to think what are we grateful for ;)

1. I'm Alive

Life is a gift. Mornings are gifts. Every time when you wake up and stretch out those arms, remember to say, “thank you for the gift of a brand new day!”

2. My Family

I love my family, do you?? Without them, who am I? Imperfect our families may be but here we find the opportunity to grow, share, give and receive love. Thank you mom, dad and brother for everything.

3. My Friends

Thank you friends for being my friend. True friends are those who stand by you, who knows your quirks and weird ways, but have decided to love you anyway. I feel really bad for not spending enough time with my friends. From today onwards, I will spend more time with you guys!

4. I can See, Hear, Speak and Move

I thank YOU for the gift of sight! It's a blessing! With your eyes, you can watch the magnificent world you live in.With your ears, you can hear the waves of the ocean, the raindrops falling on the roof and hear the words " I Love You". With my ability to speak, I can utter words that can encourage, inspire, cheer, guide, comfort, uplift, motivate others. Most importantly, I can use it to say “Thank you”; “I am here for you”; and “I Love You.”

5. My Healthy Body

I'm grateful that my body is still healthy. Each cell, nerve, tissue, organ in my body is doing a great job!They work 24 hours a day to keep my body alive and healthy so that I could live my life to the fullest.

6. My Mentors

Thank you for teaching me the purpose of life, how to live my life to the fullest and guide me through the darkness.

7. My Colleagues/ Mates

I want to thank you - my mates at work and in AIESEC. They've inspired me and guide me to succeed.They are truly my inspiration ;)

8. My Lovers ( incl Ex)

Thank you for your love. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your guidance. Thank you for growing me to be better. Thank you for teaching me lessons that made me stronger. Thank you for being here with me.

9. Nature

Sunrise and sunsets. Clouds and blue skies. Raindrops and rainbows. Ocean waves and soothing streams. Birds in the air. Beautiful flowers and strong trees everywhere.

10. Food

I'm grateful for the food on the table and the people who gave me those food ( the farmer, the cook, the butcher, the chickens, the cows and many many more...)


1 comment: