Sunday, March 21, 2010

When work is your PASSION

It has been three weeks since I started my new job with Youth Asia. Many people ask me about my job and the company..asking if I've been working like a machine or if I enjoy my work there.

Honestly, I do..I really enjoy my work there ( not because my boss might be reading this). I like my work, I like what I'm doing and most importantly I love the crazy bunch of friends whom I spent most of the hours with. It's amazing how strangers can become incredibly good friends ( at least to me) in such a short period. Thank you dears...thank you for making me feel so comfortable and thank you for making it so fun for me ;).

I hear many stories especially from my friends who told me how unhappy they are with their job.The degree opened up many opportunities for them, but I don't think they found exactly what they are looking for yet..It can take a long time for some people to figure out what they want out of work life..Life is too short to stay at a job where you're not doing the things you want to do, where you're not enjoying yourself. I was lucky. I realized what I loved to do, what I really loved to do more than anything else.

It's abundantly clear to me that my work needs to be my passion. I always believe that the lifeblood of an organization is to have workers who take work as their passion and who thinks work is fun. With that, one can do many more great things and the journey will be much more rewarding...

I'm surrounded by incredibly talented people who are all passionate about youth empowerment and that's exactly why I chose to work there. If you love your work as much as I do, you deserve to work at a company where people come to work not to punch a clock, but because they want to do great things, too. You deserve to work at a company where your contribution and passion are respected. You deserve to work at a company where peers meet to enjoy making a difference together.

Remember, this stuff is supposed to be fun! When we have fun, we can do great things!

P/s: Thank you J for sharing your thoughts although it was just over the phone ;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crazy bunch of friends loves you too!

Right, crazy bunch of friends?

*Crazy bunch of friends nods*

\^_^/