Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Third International Conference Experience

When I first joined AIESEC in 2004, I’ve always imagined if I can ever attend an AIESEC international conference…

My dream finally came through again when I have the opportunity to attend APXLDS 2007 in India after my first APXLDS in Philippines in 2006. I felt really proud representing the country together with 4 other delegates from Malaysia in the conference. APXLDS for me was quite an intensive experience because never before I was given an opportunity to think so deeply about my values, putting them on paper and thinking about them, discussing them with all the amazing people at the conference. Never before did I think about my vision concerning my personal and professional life. Never before did I think I would be able to make a positive impact in the society I’m living in today and never before did I think I will be developing strategies for AIESEC in Malaysia.

Thanks to this conference, I’ve discovered simply what I'm going to do next year, I changed my mind and from those thoughts I could built up a carrier vision from myself. I consider that a great result of APXLDS. It planted the seeds in me that I really needed.

I'm so glad to be at APXLDS again. Meeting back some old friends was really great. The conference made me realized how much we can do for this organization to create the impact. I've also realized that there are still a lot to learn and to contribute. I'm truly inspired by each and every individual at the conference. If you ask me what I get out of the conference, I would say “INSPIRATION”. Inspiration that I believe I will make a difference for myself and the people around me.

If you ever get a chance to go to an international conference, do it. Do your best to get there. It will be an awesome experience. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek, therefore, not to find out who you are, seek to determine who you want to be.

1 comment:

whatever said...

hey:)

Thanks for sharing ur experience with us, one of my dreams is to attend an international conference...hope this will happen one day:)

hope to see new posts of u soon...
Aiesecly yours!