Friday, January 21, 2011

"No Driving" Day

Like I've mentioned before in the previous post, I want to make my life more exciting by doing things that I'm not used to. So today, I've decided to fulfill my 2nd resolution and that is "Public Transport Day"

First destination - Menara Atlan at Jln Ampang

I left my house at 1.45pm and started walking to the RapidKL train station, located 5mins away from my house. I bought a ticket to "Masjid Jamek" that cost RM 2.40. It took about 20mins to arrive at Masjid Jamek. From Masjid Jamek, I took the RapidKL Kelana Jaya line ( RM 1.60) to station Ampang Park. The Ampang Park station is 3 stations away from Masjid Jamek and it took about 9mins to arrive. From Ampang Park, I walked about 8mins to reach Menara Atland ( next to Wisma MCA)

Total duration: 1hour & 5mins ( travel + waiting) from Pandan Indah to Menara Atlan
Total cost: RM 4.00

Second Destination - Celebrity Fitness in Mid Valley

After I finish my meeting, I head back to Ampang Park station to catch a train to KL Sentral (RM 2.00). From KL Sentral, I took the KTM ( yes the slowest train:p) to MidValley ( RM 1.00). I was lucky today because I didn't have to wait for the KTM train ( Seremban line) to arrive. The train was there when I walk down the escalator! It took about 10mins from KL Sentral to Mid Valley (via KTM). Went to my yoga class today for an hour. Stretch and relax the muscles after quite a bit of walking :p After gym, I walk back to the Mid
Valley station . There's a pedestrian bridge that connects Megamall to the station. You can find the bridge on Level 1, North Court ( near Roti Boy) :)

Total duration: 30mins
Total cost: RM 3.00

Third Destination - Home in Pandan Indah

This time, I bought a ticket to station Bandar Tasik Selatan (RM 1.00). I waited 10mins for the KTM train to arrive and it took about 15mins from Mid Valley to Bdr Tasik Selatan. From Bdr Tasik Selatan, I took the RapidKL Ampang line to Pandan Indah ( RM 1.60). To get to Pandan Indah, you have to change line at station Chan Sow Lin because the train is heading to Sentul Timur. Alternatively, you can take the train to KL Sentral, hop on
to RapidKL to Masjid Jamek then take the Ampang line to Pandan Indah.

And now..am home! yay!

Total duration: 60mins
Total cost: RM 2.60

Pros:
1. Avoid being stuck in traffic jam
2. Lose some pounds - walking can burn calories!
3. You get to see some interesting people around you. New buildings too!

Cons:
1. You sweat during walking. Suggestion: Use an umbrella, walking under the shade and don't walk too fast. If you walk too fast, your heart beats faster and you sweat more.
2. Longer travel time. If you look on the bright side, you get to improve your time management skills! ;) Because of the longer travel time and uncertainties, you will have to allocate extra time to travel and this will help you to improve your time management. :)
3. Wait and wait and wait...Suggestion: Bring a book/magazine to read or you can utilize ur PSP/Nintendo DS ;)


It's actually a good idea to take public transport once in a while. Its quite fun! This journey has reminded me to be grateful for I have - a car to drive ;) Imagine the people I've seen today, they travel with public transport everyday..no matter rain or shine..while we have a car roof that protects us from rain and sun rays...


No comments: