Monday, June 08, 2009

I'm so excited!

It's been quite a while since the  last post. Life has been completely busy, crazy and exciting! My never-ending work for IC09 and tonne of farewell parties & dinners have been keeping me busy and occupied but once in a while I still manage to catch some movies. The two most recent movies that I absolutely loved were Angel & Demons and Night At The Museum 2. So, No, I've not turned into a crazy workaholic yet! I'm just enjoying my work and do what needs to be done. 

Last week when Tina told me to write a welcome speech for the CC Preparation Booklet, I was ecstatic! I had a huge adrenaline rush before I could think what to say. It has been almost a year since I starterd work on IC 2009. Many things has changed. People come and go. From nothing to something. I'm so thankful to everyone who has supported me along this journey. It's only 74 days left to IC 2009 -  THE most prestigious event. 

For me, being in the team is a dream come true. From the day AIESEC in Malaysia won the bid of hosting International Congress 2009 in August 2007 up until now, it was like a roller coaster ride. The ride has been so fun, challenging, scary and exciting.  The core team has never failed to surprise me with their determination and enthusiasm. If you ask me about the experience, I will say is like a rowing race. We build a boat, raise some money, lose a rowing partner, find another rowing partner and then hit the water. Whales glide by, dolphins do somersaults and violent thunderstorms come and go. There were soul destroying days grinding through the doldrums but also exhilarating moments!

And now, with new rowing partners, we will become stronger and we will row faster. The race will be much more thrilling. However, before we could reach to the white sandy beaches with beautiful coconut trees, we will still need to go through the thunderstorms. Along the way you will find out what it feels like stay awake until 3am cutting papers or making booklets. You will find out how to remember over 50 names of different nationalities in one day. You will still smile even though you are feeling sleepy because of the sleepless nights. You will meet people that you never thought you would. There are also days where you will hear many complain and advices when you can’t decide. This journey will be a greater achievement than any yet recorded in the history.

We only spend little time finishing the preparation work before we row to the finish line and feel the victory. So, make full use of the little time left. I know, after an epic 7 weeks hard work, we will take the lead. Finally, we will arrive to the finish line, and found the least likely thing in the world waiting for us………….

It’s a legacy by you and me.

    



No comments: