Saturday, December 27, 2008

What Happened in 2008?

A lot has happened in 2008 so far and of course the year cannot be completely accounted for until the new year has taken over. However, it has been an exciting year, a lot has happened. It will furthermore be impossible to cover all events of 2008, but here are the top selections that will paint a good picture of what happened in 2008!


My MCP Election

Through my veins, I can feel the blood gushing, adrenaline rushing and heart beating faster and faster every second while the race pushes me out of my comfort zone. It was an incredible experience – challenging and intense. I felt the jolt of excitement while standing before the national plenary sharing my thoughts, vision and ideas. It was an opportunity that I could never ask for more. Thank You AIESEC Malaysia for giving the chance to stand before you.

My 24th Birthday in Hong Kong

Thank you Darling for this priceless gift. Going to Disneyland is special enough, but celebrating my birthday there with you was amazingly memorable. It was a day filled with joy, happiness, fun and love. It was a great trip. I will not forget the cheap street food that we had, the train ride, the shopping spree from Tsim Tsa Tsui to Tung Chung and all the good moments we had together..I wish for more of this moments to share with you..

MC 07/08 Trip to Perhentian Island

This was our first trip together as a team – nothing about work but a bunch of crazy friends get together purely having FUN! As soon as we arrived at the jetty after the long hours bus ride, we travelled on the fast boat to get across to the island. We stop at the Long Beach and got ourselves an affordable dorm to stay. We had a great time on the island. James & I were trying hard to get our Brazilian tan while the rest were enjoying the majestic underwater world. Drinking on the beach at night was lovely combined with the cool breeze blowing in from the South China Sea. It was a very relaxing and crazy holiday that I will never forget. …



International Congress 2008 in Sao Paulo, Brazil

Is my 2nd IC after Turkey and this time I didn’t attend as delegate but CC observer! I’m very glad that I was part of the CC08 team. It was an amazing experience and I had a great one month living and working with them. It was tiring, challenging, eye opening and life changing! After IC, I took a week off for a post tour with the Malaysians in Rio de Janeiro. We visited few amazing places in Rio such as the Ipanema beach, Copacabana beach, Concorvado, Sugar Loaf. Bought a lot of Havainas and drank some Caiprinha. After Rio, I head back to Sao Paulo and stayed for 2 days in the @ Bazi’s MC house before I leave to Argentina to meet James for the 2nd round of post tour!

Argentina was awesome! Finally we had a proper grilled meat (Parilla) dinner on the first night after we arrived in Argentina. Also thanks to Maxi! we have a place to sleep that night. On the next day, we took a long hour’s bus ride to Iguazu. The reason we go to Iguazu is to check out the Iguazu Falls! Trust me, it’s AMAZING! At night, we had another Parilla dinner in a quite fancy restaurant, cam-whored with James for hours at a bar and drank some white wine in the room (opening the wine bottle was fun! but didn’t really enjoy the wine though). Overall, it was a fun and exciting trip. Thanks James for the amazing time…It’s something that I will cherish forever.


Some of my other special moments.....

To all my dear friends, thank you for a wonderful 2008. . Thank you for giving my life wonderful rhythms. Thank you for giving me reasons to stay strong. Thank you for what you've done in my life. I felt truly blessed to have you all by my side. Me and you will never be apart maybe in distance but never in my heart, for our friendship is way too strong to let it go off.

I wish you my friends..a happy new year. All the best in 2009 and may it be another inspiring year for you. Love you all...

No comments: